On completion of the course students will have covered:
- The number of fires and fire deaths and common causes of fire.
- How fire starts and spreads.
- Current UK legislation and it's effect on fire safety in premises.
- Spotting hazards and protecting against fire
- Fire warden roles and responsibilities.
- Recognise the fire control measures within your workplace.
- How to select and use a fire extinguisher.
- What to do in the event of a fire.
- When and how to safely evacuate your building.
- Practical hands on training in fire extinguishers (Optional).
Although the role of the fire warden may differ from organisation to organisation, there are a number of key activities and actions that generally make up their responsibilities. This course aims to outline what they are likely to be. The requirements for fire safety management within workplace are set out in the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 in England and Wales.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of achievement.
If this course is conducted in the Training Centre, we can include practical demonstrations of firefighting with live fires and use of extinguisers in a controlled envoronment if desired.